||Coorong Wilderness – Adelaide
The superb wilderness of the Coorong – wildlife, wetlands, sand dunes and the mighty Southern Ocean. An eco – cruise to discover its serenity, beauty and harshness will leave you enthralled with a timeless portrait of nature.
- Picturesque coastal seaside towns of Christies Beach, Port Noarlunga and Moana
- The McLaren Vale Wine region – vineyards, leafy olive and almond groves and old stone wineries
- The river Port of Goolwa where the River Murray meets the lakes and sea
- The infamous Hindmarsh Island Bridge
- Board the “Spirit of the Coorong” cruise vessel
- Pass through the Barrage Lock system
- Discover the wildlife and beauty of this pristine wilderness environment
- Look for wetland birds prolific in their natural habitat
- Large flocks of native pelicans – soaring, taking off, landing!
- Enjoy a delicious lunch on board the “Spirit” at the mouth of the River Murray
- Walk on the vast sand dunes and beach at the mouth of Australia’s largest river – watch out for crabs!
- Walk along a boardwalk over the dunes across the Younghusband Peninsula
- Witness the vastness of the stunning Southern Ocean at the 90 mile beach
- Discover tiny settlements and historic homesteads
- Stop at historic Strathalbyn on the Angas River
- Tour through Mt Lofty Ranges dotted with small villages and spectacular views.
|Operates: – Mon – -Thur. – –
|Departs & Returns: 09:30:00 – 17:30:00
|Send Email To Get Quote For This Tour